- RSS Channel Showcase 1385398
- RSS Channel Showcase 9600942
- RSS Channel Showcase 3145585
- RSS Channel Showcase 5485984
Articles on this Page
- 02/01/13--16:18: _“Writer’s Cramp” Is...
- 03/09/13--14:27: _“Parametric” Pen an...
- 03/24/13--13:58: _“Ink” Wax and Tatto...
- 05/20/13--05:38: _“True Grit” Waterco...
- 06/14/13--04:05: _“Summer Reading” Pa...
- 06/18/13--08:11: _“Moon Landing” Wood...
- 07/11/13--04:54: _“Snag” Drawings in...
- 10/21/13--03:30: _“ReMarks” Works by ...
- 03/09/13--14:27: “Parametric” Pen and Ink Drawings by Mary Wagner
- 03/24/13--13:58: “Ink” Wax and Tattoo Machine Works by Irene Pressner
- 05/20/13--05:38: “True Grit” Watercolors by David Rathman
- 06/14/13--04:05: “Summer Reading” Paintings by Ekaterina Panikanova
- 06/18/13--08:11: “Moon Landing” Woodcut Prints by Tugboat Print Shop
- 07/11/13--04:54: “Snag” Drawings in Pen by Steven Vasquez Lopez
- 10/21/13--03:30: “ReMarks” Works by KJ Schumacher
Nashville native, Everitte Barbee got an “A” in penmanship, but it wasn’t the Palmer Method. Now living in Beirut, Lebanon, he’s not afraid to take on large-scale projects…like writing the ENTIRE Quran in his beautiful style of calligraphy. Watch the video HERE. Artist website: www.everitte.org Filed under: art, Ink Tagged: Art, Artist, Beirut, Calligraphy, Drawings, […]
I’m completely besotted with the work of artist Mary Wagner. Yes, these do remind one of spirographs…but Mary isn’t playing any games. She spent two years making her specialized tools to create these mathematical wonders. You can buy her work here. Artist’s web site: www.parametricdrawing.com Filed under: Abstract, art, Artist, contemporary art, Drawing, Fine Art, […]
I saw the work of Irene Pressner at the Los Angeles Art Show. It is difficult to do them justice on a computer screen, so I have resisted posting it but, today, I’m feeling reckless, so here goes. Please look closely and understand that she creates each piece on a WAXED canvas using a tattoo […]
artstomerimage01Irene Pressner-Factura vencida-obra2173765-642421-7Irene Pressner-Factura vencida-obra1Irene Pressner1 (1)u0007911bigIrene Pressner173765-661331-6IPCasp
I watched a fantastic Ken Burns documentary a few weeks back on the “Dust Bowl”. Highly recommend. These inky/sooty watercolor paintings by David Rathman put me in mind of it. True Grit. Artist’s website: www.davidrathman.com Gallery representation: Mark Moore Gallery Filed under: art, Artist, contemporary art, Drawing, figure, film, Ink, Painting, Pencil, photorealism, Realism, Watercolor […]
artstomerRathman_ColburnRathman_Eviction_Notice_3001Rathman_I_hope_Im_Never_That_Wrong_Again_3001Rathman_Free_hell_somebodys_got_to_pay5Rathman_Long Ago and Far AwayRathman_Its_a_Different_Horizon_Out_Here_3001It_all_counts2013-02-04-22-09-55Western_Eyes2013-02-04-22-09-55oh_the_secrets_we2013-02-04-22-10-19No_Poems_Tonight2013-02-04-22-10-04business_is_business2013-02-04-22-10-18Back_from_Luck2013-02-04-22-10-07
Russian artist Ekaterina Panikoanova knows her subjects, line, chapter, and verse. Her paintings on the leaves of tomes are worth checking out. Artist’s website: http://www.ekaterinapanikanova.com Filed under: art, Artist, Ball Point Pen, Collage, contemporary art, Drawing, figure, Fine Art, Gouache, Ink, Mixed Media, Painting, Recycled Art Tagged: Art, books, Ekaterina Panikoanova, Painting, russia, Saint Petersburg, […]
Passion always wins. If you are fortunate enough to discover what your passions are and find a way to act upon them, you will have a rich life. It’s really as simple as that. Some are able to weave their passions into their work life but more often than not they are relegated to […]
I got a bee in my bonnet at 10 p.m. last night to make a jello mold. I’m not sure what triggered it. Google helped a lot, as I was able to find a recipe that could incorporate some of my pantry orphans (coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and nutmeg…oh yeah, rum). This was one […]
I spent some time at an art supply store last…